We’ve harvested our crop of fantastic craft videos to bring you five of the best songs and activities for the season, with accompanying Bible verses. If you’re looking for ideas for a Harvest celebration, half-term entertainment or Kids Group content, this is the place to find it all!
1. This is the time of year when wild birds need a steady source of food to keep them healthy, so making bird feeders is the perfect Harvest-time craft.
Look at the birds: they do not plant seeds, gather a harvest and put it in barns, yet your heavenly Father takes care of them! Aren’t you worth much more than birds? Matthew 6:26-34
2. Early Autumn is the best time to sow wildflower seeds, bringing you the earliest display of beautiful blooms! Have a go at our wildflower seed bombs, and make the matching gift box to give them away to make someone’s day!
So let us not become tired of doing good; for if we do not give up, the time will come when we will reap the harvest. So then, as often as we have the chance, we should do good to everyone, and especially to those who belong to our family in the faith. Galatians 6:9-10
3. Harvest is a time of celebration, thanking God for all the food that has grown and recognising Him as the giver of all good gifts. Make these simple streamers (no plastic straw needed!) and celebrate to this uplifting song.
What a rich harvest your goodness provides! Wherever you go there is plenty. The pastures are filled with flocks, the hillsides are full of joy. The fields are covered with sheep; the valleys are full of wheat. Everything shouts and sings for joy. Psalm 65:11-13
4. Harvest is a great opportunity to learn about seasons, and all the life lessons this can teach us. Watching and waiting for right time to reap is a big part of Harvest, and looking with anticipation and expectation is a brilliant theme to explore at this time of year. These God Binoculars are a great way to get involved with this idea.
Be patient then, my friends, until the Lord comes. See how patient farmers are when they wait for their land to produce precious crops. They wait patiently for autumn and spring rains. You must also be patient. Keep your hopes high, for the day of the Lord’s coming is near. James 5:7-8
5. As the landscape around us turns from green to gold and the air gets crisper and cooler, it’s an opportunity to reignite the spark of ‘wow and wonder’ in the way we see the world. Everywhere Around Me calls us to see the beauty and love of God in it all, and this craft can be adapted to any animal, bug or bird you like!
Be glad, earth and sky!
Roar sea, and every creature in you;
Be glad, fields, and everything in you!
The trees in the woods will shout for joy
When the Lord comes to rule the earth.
He will rule the peoples of the world with justice and fairness.